Monday 7 March 2011

In Construction:Kimono Sleeved Jacket

I am half way doing the kimono sleeved jacket from Vogue 8604 and this is what is looks so far:
I'm using the left over from the black corduroy fabric I used for my Winter Dress. The jacket has 6 buttons at the front (which I confess I'm not looking forward to sew) and is fully lined. The shell was pretty quick to assemble and I could have finished it last night, but I paced myself so as to distribute the different tasks between my different projects. The last thing I want is again having nothing to sew but 4 patterns to trace. I will probably have it finished by the weekend so will share the finished thing then.

This jacket and the next 4 or 5 projects I have going under the sewing machine are all part of my plan to use my existing pattern, fabric and habby stash. Not to say I won't buy anything new but I do want to get rid of some existing fabric remnants, etc.

Tonight I will trace!

6 comments:

  1. That looks interesting - I can't wait to see it finished. I know what you mean about distributing your tasks. I should do this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice, I've wondered about this jacket. Can't wait to see your final version.

    ReplyDelete
  3. If there is still time for winter corduroy jacket, I'm anxious to see it finished.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a lovely blog you have!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I just cut this pattern out last night. I think yours looks gorgeous already!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...