Tuesday 1 November 2011

The Bombshell Meetup and what's next...

What a fantastic meet up it was! It was so awesome to meet these 5 gorgeous ladies and spend some time drinking cocktails in a gorgeous venue. Honestly, it was awesome! Much was said about it in Karen's blog, Jane's blog,  Roisin's blog and Amy's blog...go read! I'll leave you with a group photo, which you probably have seen already. The barman had to go really, really back to get us all on the frame as I decided to take my SLR camera with a 50mm lens. That means lots of space is needed for group or full body shots. And the venue was gorgeous but too dark for photos. And I hate flash! So not many photos from my part!
So now that the Bombshell is finished, what's next? 
The focus of the next month or so will be pattern making. I'm starting the 2nd part of the course and want to really crack on with some design ideas and practice the basic dart manipulations already learned on the 1st part. I want to feel confident tackling more advanced manipulations. This means finished projects might be scarce in the next few months. 
I have a cape in the final stages, all it needs is some heavy duty snaps sewn on. I will be able to share this with you at some point. I am also going to have another go at sewing little things. Now I don't particularly like sewing little things but maybe having quick, dirty and easy sewing projects to break off the pattern work might make it more enjoyable.

On my blog I will be starting a regular knitting feature and finally sort my photography tips posts...stay tuned! Oh, and my Book review that was due this last Sunday? It will be up next week.

6 comments:

  1. I can't wait to see your cape! It was a truly great day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. your dress rocked. Did you get the fabric when we went to brighton? I seem to remember you holding something similar. then again i might be mistaken.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How fun to take a pattern drafting class! I'm slightly envious, there are no classes being held where I live =(
    Have fun in school! ; )

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you all! It was such a fantastic day!

    Dibs: You are spot on. I bought the camo fabric in Brighton, although at the time I didn't know what I wanted to do with it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. It seems like you had a fantastic evening and you all look great!
    Good luck in the course, I am sure you are enjoying it :)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...