Monday 3 September 2012

Red Renfrew

This Summer hasn't been the best sewing or pattern making wise. I started by feeling really guilty but then accepted that there is nothing wrong about wanting to do other things, rather than sewing. But I have finished one item, started absolutely ages ago and finished just before I got married. The very comfortable and stylish Renfrew top by Sewaholic.
Please ignore the somewhat blanket look. Today was not a easy day at work. I was feeling very tired and a bit low. Also ignore the bare look behind me. We have spent all Summer landscaping one corner of our back garden and it's slowly getting there. We have a rock garden and plan to plant some trees by the fence.
The making of this Renfrew wasn't the best. I managed to sew the pieces for the cowl wrong and only noticed when the thing was almost assembled. I contemplated leaving it as it was and use it at home only but couldn't bare to waste this gorgeous jersey. It's a length bought in Portugal of very good quality soft jersey. Feels very lush and comfortable!

Now that the days are getting shorter I know I'll be back to the sewing cave. I'll blog very soon about Autumn/Winter Sewing plans, the next instalment of Photography Fun and an update on Suzy Patterns.

7 comments:

  1. oooh - I do love a bright red top like this! I keep meaning to make the longer sleeved version with a cowl too... so after seeing how lovely yours turned out I'm going to need to get on and just do it already! The red suits you :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you. I love red, need to sew more with it.

      Delete
  2. Suzy, nice top! And i am looking forward to your sewing plans reveal!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely top! And I really love that stone work in your garden. What a lovely job - show us some more garden pics when it's done...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Will definitely share more of the garden once it's done. I think it will take ages. It's a small plot but there's a lot of work involved.

      Delete
  4. Lovely top, you can actually tell its made with lush quality jersey, but not that you think the finish is off! Great colour on you too :-)

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...