Tuesday 15 January 2013

A belated Kelly Skirt

I have probably wore this skirt more times that the number of sentences in this post. Finished sometime in November and photographed in December I'm not quite sure why I didn't blog about it sooner.
This is the Kelly Skirt by Megan Nielsen. A super easy and very comfortable skirt. I used a remnant of a woollen fabric given to me by my mother in law and apparently given to her by some lady who didn't need it.
Photos were taken by my colleague, so I couldn't harass her for 10 or 20 takes. The scenery around my workplace is beautiful, lots of trees and a little stream, where you occasionally can spot kingfishers and small deer. It's not very private though and being quite a "stuck up" environment I don't feel confident with a tripod for self portraits.



20 comments:

  1. Cute skirt Suzy - and, hey... is that a new hair- look I can see him :)?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes, indeed! Well spotted. I changed from red to a dark brown. Was tempted to go black but not quite brave.

      Delete
  2. It's beautiful... This skirt it's so versatile

    ReplyDelete
  3. Being so often worn I can tell that this skirt is definitely becoming a favourite with you...great sewing!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is beautiful Suzy. I like the cool colour of the skirt, and I also like the backdrop. Beautiful setting.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a very useful skirt! It's pretty with the red top, too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oooh, it's lovely Suzy! I can't wait to make this pattern up ;o)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great skirt, love the colour. I've seen so many lovely versions of this pattern, I may have to give it a try myself.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Your skirt is gorgeous! The fabric is lovely. I do think I'm going to have to add this pattern to the shopping list!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Really like your take on Kelly! You know every version I see tempts me, but I must resist. Looks so cute and very versatile...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure it is easy to sew and very comfortable to wear! I see this in your eyes ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  11. I always love reading your posts, but I don't often comment. Nonetheless I wanted to show my appreciation so I've nominated you for an 'Inspiring Blogger' award. No obligations though. Love the Kelly skirt :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. A friend gave me some similar coloured wool recently and I think I will do the same - it is such a versatile pattern. Love it with the red!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It was your first version that inspired me so thank you :)

      Delete
  13. Great Kelly! I've mentioned you in my blog notchesandnotions.blogspot.co.uk. We hope you'll join us next week!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Lovely colours in these pictures - really nice. This is such a lovely skirt pattern - how awesome are those pockets!

    ReplyDelete
  15. It's lovely! Looks really great on you and the pictures have come out wonderfully, kudos to your colleague!

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...